With 16-years of experience in interior design and home furnishing, I can help in all aspects of home staging to produce the best possible appeal in the market.
It's been proven, expert home staging improves all sale metrics and brings in more money for the buyer at little to no cost. Improved metrics include fewer days on the market, higher selling price and increased customer satisfaction. If your goal is to sell quickly, then having an expert home staging strategy is an imperative.
The home staging strategy is to create a generic style that appeals to all, much the same way a public relations firm promotes an entertainer. If creating a style draws more positive publicity to a public figure, then home staging is creating a better visual image of the home while being shown on the open market.
Preparing the home for market is an enjoyable experience and allows the owner to apply their experience of living in the home to the sales process. Together, we can work to get an improved offer for your home with expert staging. For less time on the market, higher sales price and increased customer satisfaction, please see the below tips for home staging in Cedar Park - Austin.
Curb Appeal Checklist.
Curb appeal is your first chance to create a great first impression on buyers before they enter the home. The pluses and minuses immediately jump out at buyers shaping their first thoughts about the home and how it is maintained. Understanding this will assist in making a plan of action to invite buyers from the street into your home. Follow the below Curb Appeal Checklist and increase your home sales price.
Inspect the outside ground and gardens.
- Remove building materials, scrap wood and household items.
- Store garbage cans in the garage.
- Clear weeds, edge all concrete areas and mow the yard.
- Prune bushes and cut down tree branches pointing down.
Check the home from the Roof line down.
- Clear the roof of all obstructions, tree branches and leaves.
- Clear out and level the gutters, if needed.
- Clean and clear the windows from obstructions, bushes or trees.
Inspect the condition of the Paint and Siding.
- Pressure wash the entire home exterior.
- Paint or touch up paint where needed.
- Detail clean the front door or paint, if necessary.
Home Staging Checklist
To the Buyer, your home should say "This is my next home". Every room gets a once-over, we want to "generalize" the home so buyer(s) can more easily imagine themselves in the home and with their belongings.
Drawing from tremendous experience, I'll tour the home with a critical eye and suggest the key changes that will immediately enhance sales appeal. I can also recommend furniture arrangements, rooms needing paint, evaluate rugs and carpet, fixtures, lighting and any other available improvements drawing from my experience.
For best results, please follow the below checklist.
- Remove all clutter from the house.
- Put away souvenirs, photos, play items and art work.
- Keep countertops free and clear.
- Remove unnecessary furniture throughout the house.
- Remove the art gallery and coupons from the refrigerator.
- Check and clean the bathrooms.
- Clean and clear all shelf and counter surfaces.
- Hang shower curtains and doors properly.
- Clean or vacuum all flooring.
- Check walls, fix holes and paint, if necessary.
- Professionally clean the carpet, if needed.
- Check and clean windows and window coverings.
- Clean the draperies and blinds.
- Remove all signs of a pet in the house ie litter box, food bowl.
- Prior to showing, open the windows and air out the house.
- Only use air freshener if needed and well before a showing.
Set the mood prior to Showings.
- Open draperies and blinds.
- Turn on the radio to a classical music station, set the volume on low.
- If you have time, cook a batch of cookies to have the warm, welcoming aroma permeating the home.
Setting the Stage for Showings.
We want to engage the buyer's senses by opening the curtains and lighting up all spaces to make the home inviting. If needed, we'll change light bulbs. We'll also add nice bedspreads and pillows to the couch and bed.
To contact Cheryl Tucker, please call or text (512) 705-9010.
Since 2007, Cheryl Tucker Realty for an expert Realtor specializing in buying and selling, relocation, property management and home staging in Austin, Buda, Cedar Park, Hutto, Jarrel, Kyle, Lakeway, Leander, Liberty Hill, Manor, Pflugerville, Round Rock and Taylor.